Monday 4 June 2012

Dreamer Dreaming Dreams

My dreams have often held messages for me.


When I was very young, before every illness I had the same dream about Yosemite Sam.  {I know, sounds a bit strange, but he was the clue,  in fact, now that I really think hard about seeing him, I wasn't sleeping at all, I must have been hallucinating}


Sam would come to me when I was ill and I would go straight to my parents bed.  And you know, they didn't always appreciate it.  I can remember one night very clearly, I had climbed in between them, then sat up and started vomiting.   As I sat there shaking, sweating & in my own bodily fluids, my parents absconded!!  {Okay, so as a Mom now, I can imagine the desire to flee a vomiting little person, but at that moment it just served to make me feel worse}
There were times when my dreams were very, very real.  Don't we all have those times??, heartbeating out of your chest, sweat beading on your back and you have to turn on the light!   Was it just a dream?   Am I really awake now?
I had a series of those as a child.  Remember how I shared that I loved Dancing?   Well, there was only one room that I loved to dance in.   This nightmare takes place in there,  I am flying in a vortex around the room. Have you ever seen the film Poltergeist?  Do you remember what happens in the children's bedroom?   All the toys flying around the room?   This dream was exactly like that!   But I was revolving around and oddly, I am grey, and all the bits that are scattered in the air are Grey.  I cannot talk nor call for help.


But then there are those really special dreams.   They stand out.


One dream that stands out, I believe I was about 10.  I am convinced we were in a Hotel room , as there is no chair in my bedroom at home.  The only trip I can remember at that time is a trip to New Orleans.  In this dream, my Grandfather is asking me to give a message to my Father.   I get up out of my bed and walk to my sleeping Father.  I shake him awake and say,"Grandpa wants to speak to you".   My Father's response was confusion, as his father had died.  I told him to look Grandpa was sitting over in that chair!   I could see him, just like I can see this computer screen.  My father was irate!  He demanded I go straight back to my bed, telling me I was crazy.   It is my firm belief, that only when I am in the deep relaxation that slumber offers, that spirit has been to reach me behind the wall I put up that very night.  As I crawled back in bed, seeing the outline of my grandfather's shadow, repeating I am crazy.   How can I see him?  I am crazy.  Is my mind unstable?  My overactive imagination.

Have you ever experienced anything like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment